Descendants of Donald MacLean, Coigach.
Donald MacLean was married to Ann MacLeod. I suspect they lived in Altandhu as that was where their son Donald was living when he married and it was a place where the name MacLean predominated. I have found two of their children.
- Donald MacLean born circa 1789. He was living in Altandhu when he married Margaret Nicolson
on 14 Feb 1816 at Nedd, Assynt. Margaret was from Culkine Achnacarnan in Assynt. The family was living at Camuscoille at the time of the 1841 census and he died there on 19 Dec 1862 aged 73.
- Ann MacLean, born circa 1818. She lived all her life at Camuscoille and died there on 1 Apr 1902 aged 85 yrs, Unmarried.
- Donald MacLean, born circa 1821. He was a Fisherman in 1851 and was still living with the family in 1861, I haven't found him after that date.
- Norman MacLean, born circa 1826. He married Mary MacLeod, daughter of Donald MacLeod and Isabella MacLeod, on 21 Mar 1861 in Assynt. They settled in Reiff where he was a tenant and fisherman. She died on 12 Mar 1877 of Diabetes, aged about 47. He was still living there in 1891.
- Mary MacLean, born 10 Mar 1862, She was living at home in 1881 aged 19
- Alexandrina (Lexy) MacLean, born 6 Jan 1864, died 7 Jul 1876 in Reiff, aged 12 of diarrhoea.
- Unnamed daughter born 4 Oct 1866, She died after 2 hours .
- Donald MacLean, born 31 Dec 1867. drowned 3 Aug 1875 aged 7
- Isabella (Bella / Bell) MacLean, born 29 Dec 1869, was still at home in 1891 aged 20.
- Alexander MacLean, born in 1831. He was a fisherman and the last record I have of him is the 1861 census.
- Murdo MacLean, bapt. 24 Mar 1833 He was an agricultural labourer and the last record I have of him is the 1861 census.
- Euphemia (Effy) MacLean, born 1836 Camuscoille, she lived at home until she married Donald MacLeod on 4 Dec 1862 in Strathan,
Assynt. They lived at Camuscoille with her mother and sister Ann. They had six children there and she died on 13 Jan 1884 of consumption aged 49.
- George MacLean, born circa 1796 Coigach. He was a Tailor. In the 1861 census he was at Altandhu aged 65 & unmarried. He was the informant for his brother's death in 1862.